What software is this website using?

the_toolman

My best guess is that it is something customized.  The site is highly commercialized, and ironically exactly what the founder stated he didn't like in an interview I found:  http://www.english-test.net/esl-cafe/24/index.html

There are a gazillion adnetworks, with extensive monitoring and tracking.  I did see that at some point they had a full time SEO person involved, as well as a distributed development team.  Clearly it's nothing out of the box, but at least as a non-member, the site looks ugly and distracting to me, with the content hard to find within all the add banners, panels and modal windows.

The other thing I can tell you is that it's using a REST api setup, and mapping the *.htm extension to something, which could be essentially anything on the serverside.  They have taken a number of steps to obfuscate what they are using, so that indicates they don't want you to know.

5 minutes ago, the_toolman said:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and the link to the interview, very useful!

Yes I saw all the tracking info when looking at builtwith.com. 

I'll keep digging :)

You might reach out and ask them if they would share info with you, unless of course you are trying to clone the site.  If you're not planning on direct competition, they might be willing to share with you, but obviously the site has a lot of moving parts, and from a UI standpoint it appears to me to be a bunch of custom javascript, with some bootstrap, and as I said previously, RESTful ajax calls for data submission.  It really doesn't look to me like something you can go find on github.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.