Sticky DIV not sticking...

Jim R

Here is the page in question:

https://www.courtsideindiana.com/season-preview/19-20/sectional1920/?sectional=8

I don't have any -- overflow: hidden; -- issues, at least not from what I see when I inspect the element.  I do my work in Safari, but I test a lot in Developer mode as well as a separate Chrome browser.  

CSS

div.navigation {

position: -webkit-sticky;
  position: sticky;
  top: 0px;
  background-color: red;
  padding: 10px;
  font-size: 20px;
}

PHP/HTML

echo '<div class="navigation">Hello</div>';

Edited by Jim R

28 minutes ago, Barand said:

Does

position: fixed;

work?

Not as intended, and I had tried that earlier.  Sticky is supposed to keep the DIV relative until the "Top" is reached, then stick there.  Maybe it's a theme issue too that I'm using for WordPress, as it hides behind the main navigation until that is off screen.  I need it visible the whole time.  

I thought I was doing well to find the "main" issue that keeps "sticky" from working (overflow: hidden;), but I don't have that issue.  

• 1 month later...

I know this is old, but for people coming and read this - position sticky works depending where the element is in the page hyrachy. To stick a div to the body coordinates  That div MUST exist in the body and not in another div.

so

<body>

<div class="navigation">Hello</div>

will work, but

<body>

<header>

<div class="navigation">Hello</div>

will not.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.