Which editor provides the best PHP code completion?

Hello to all the community

what a cool question, isn't it?

I would tune the question saying that if it doesn't require an octa-core with some 16GB RAM... it is better.

I tried some

Microsoft Visual Studio Code

Atom

SublimeTex

and I'm going to try

Brackets (latest version 1.14.x claims to have a great support for PHP)

and PHPDesigner

which are the ones you consider more productive?

e.g. which one has the best code completion?

Thank you

Edited by Corsari

• 6 months later...
5 hours ago, macfanpl said:

I personally use products from IDEA family. Great ones.

By far the best php editor! Should probably clarify that the company is JetBrains.  Here's a link to the PhpStorm version.  

Started out as a Java IDE (IntelliJ Idea), and it's essentially the same base editor across the line, but I'd still recommend that you buy the Php specific version.  There's a 30 day trial you can  use to check it out.   Has a huge number of plugins and configuration options available, so you can configure your code style, apply rules from various codesniffers and standards.

As for a free editor, I'd go with Eclipse PDT.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gizmola said:

By far the best php editor! Should probably clarify that the company is JetBrains.  Here's a link to the PhpStorm version.  

Started out as a Java IDE (IntelliJ Idea), and it's essentially the same base editor across the line, but I'd still recommend that you buy the Php specific version.  There's a 30 day trial you can  use to check it out.   Has a huge number of plugins and configuration options available, so you can configure your code style, apply rules from various codesniffers and standards.

As for a free editor, I'd go with Eclipse PDT.  

Id stay away from Eclipse if I were to chose an IDE to code in...... not for lack of speed (refactoring slows above 10k of lines of code), but mainly because of lack of seamless update process. Its PITA, as its automation is completely broken. 

Java IDE is also of great value......

I tried PhpStorm once and now Im paid customer. There is no better IDE.

Edited by macfanpl
  • Like 1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.