mysql insert constructs fails after 9/12 win10 update

fatkatie

(every site should have a win10 update section)

mysql/php-pdo/xampp insert constructs are suddenly failing (running fine for a year) after an overnight update.

Here's the error code.

error code: HY093
    error msg: SQLSTATE[HY093]: Invalid parameter number: parameter was not defined
      binding: Array

I'm chasing it (cut this part out.....cut that part out) but while I'm doing this I thought I'd see if anyone else is having this experience

mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.1.38-MariaDB, for Win64 (AMD64), win10 pro, 1903, 18362.356

Thank you

Edited by fatkatie

the error is because there are a different number of place-holders in an sql query statement compared with the number of values supplied when the query is executed. the solution would be to find out why that is happening and correct it.

it's likely that the computer restart as part of the win update either committed or lost some unsaved change in a server setting or in a code file.

It appears the binding is not allowing empty fields.  But why now.  The strict is off (or was).

in toad's window I can write these two inserts.  The first fails.  The second does not.

insert into info (infoid, infoindex values ('', '');

insert into info (infoid, infotext) value (null, null);

both fields are default null. both are ints.

C:\xampp\htdocs\csc> mysql -e "SELECT @@sql_mode;"
+--------------------------------------------+
| @@sql_mode                                 |
| NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION |

Also checked the table.

Practice aside, this was working yesterday.  .

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.