PHP 7.2 password_hash doesn't work

CelticDesigner88

I've been puzzling over this all morning. No matter what I do i keep getting these errors:

[01-Oct-2019 21:45:32 UTC] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant  PASSWORD_BCRYPT - assumed ' PASSWORD_BCRYPT' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/ijwe4nfwf9ei/public_html/blog-approval.php on line 7
[01-Oct-2019 21:45:32 UTC] PHP Warning:  password_hash() expects parameter 2 to be integer, string given in /home/ijwe4nfwf9ei/public_html/blog-approval.php on line 7[01-Oct-2019 22:18:20 UTC] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant  PASSWORD_BCRYPT - assumed ' PASSWORD_BCRYPT' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/ijwe4nfwf9ei/public_html/blog-approval.php on line 3
[01-Oct-2019 22:18:20 UTC] PHP Warning:  password_hash() expects parameter 2 to be integer, string given in /home/ijwe4nfwf9ei/public_html/blog-approval.php on j 3[01-Oct-2019 22:21:44 UTC] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant  PASSWORD_BCRYPT - assumed ' PASSWORD_BCRYPT' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/ijwe4nfwf9ei/public_html/tester.php on line 3
[01-Oct-2019 22:21:44 UTC] PHP Warning:  password_hash() expects parameter 2 to be integer, string given in /home/ijwe4nfwf9ei/public_html/tester.php on line 3

Here's my code: 

<?php
echo phpinfo();
$pass=password_hash ("password", PASSWORD_BCRYPT);
?>

I checked and I'm using php 7, so why do I keep getting this error?

I had it print out my php info so I could check..

https://pyro-creations.com/tester.php

I even read the manual and tried the examples and I still get those errors. How can I fix this?

[please use code tags.]

Oops! I moved it from blog-approval to tester because I don't need that file anymore. I guess forgot to update it but the error doesn't show in the screen. I grabbed that from the error_log. I also changed that code since to use MD5 in the blog-approval (just to test it), which is fine for what I needed that for but eventually I will need to use password_hash too.

Here's what the error log currently says:

[01-Oct-2019 23:13:08 UTC] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant  PASSWORD_BCRYPT - assumed ' PASSWORD_BCRYPT' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/ijwe4nfwf9ei/public_html/tester.php on line 3
[01-Oct-2019 23:13:08 UTC] PHP Warning:  password_hash() expects parameter 2 to be integer, string given in /home/ijwe4nfwf9ei/public_html/tester.php on line 3
[01-Oct-2019 23:20:21 UTC] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant  PASSWORD_BCRYPT - assumed ' PASSWORD_BCRYPT' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/ijwe4nfwf9ei/public_html/tester.php on line 3
[01-Oct-2019 23:20:21 UTC] PHP Warning:  password_hash() expects parameter 2 to be integer, string given in /home/ijwe4nfwf9ei/public_html/tester.php on line 3
[02-Oct-2019 00:31:35 UTC] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant  PASSWORD_BCRYPT - assumed ' PASSWORD_BCRYPT' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/ijwe4nfwf9ei/public_html/tester.php on line 3
[02-Oct-2019 00:31:35 UTC] PHP Warning:  password_hash() expects parameter 2 to be integer, string given in /home/ijwe4nfwf9ei/public_html/tester.php on line 3
[02-Oct-2019 00:32:16 UTC] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant  PASSWORD_BCRYPT - assumed ' PASSWORD_BCRYPT' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/ijwe4nfwf9ei/public_html/tester.php on line 3
[02-Oct-2019 00:32:16 UTC] PHP Warning:  password_hash() expects parameter 2 to be integer, string given in /home/ijwe4nfwf9ei/public_html/tester.php on line 3

And the tester with that added echo:

<?php
echo phpinfo();
$pass=password_hash ("password", PASSWORD_BCRYPT);
echo $pass;
?>

Edited by CelticDesigner88

how did you arrive at this point? did this code work before? did you copy/paste the PASSWORD_BCRYPT value from somewhere or did you type it manually?

if you copied it, i recommend that you delete it and manually type it. we have seen cases where 'published' code contains non-ascii or non-printing characters, which looks correct, but which php cannot recognize.

Edited by mac_gyver

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.