Code not running in Safari\Firefox

tarheelmm

I have some PHP/HTML code being used in a WordPress site. The PHP outside of WordPress works in any browser. When I open it in Chrome in WP, it runs no problem. Within WP in Safari(unsupported plug in error pops up but I have deactivated all plugins) and Firefox, nothing shows up. This is the page: https://searchsoftball.com/search/

I can reproduce the problem in Chrome making one change but I do not know how to fix it.
This is the part of the code that breaks it in all browsers:

<?php $result = $con->query($sql); while($row = $result->fetch_assoc()){ ?>

<tr> <td><?php echo $row['School'];?></td> <td><?php echo $row['City'];?></td> <td><?php echo $row['State'];?></td> <td><?php echo $row['Conference'];?></td> <td><?php echo $row['Division'];?></td> <td><?php echo '<a href="'.$row['Main'].'"target ="_blank">Main</a>';?></td> <td><?php echo '<a href="'.$row['Softball'].'"target ="_blank">Softball</a>';?></td> <td><?php echo '<a href="'.$row['Camp'].'"target ="_blank">Camp</a>';?></td> </tr> <?php <--- remove this

} <— and this
?> <---- and this causes it to break in all browsers.

I can provide the full code if needed. Thanks in advance

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.