php download - redirect to page and finish download

xtent

Basically I would like to place a link on my website and have the user download a file, but rather than just right clicking and choosing save target as, the link must be clicked, on the next page the file is fetched and then the client can download the file. How would I go about setting this up please?

When the download appears the link that is produced doesn't show the actual download either, so users can't leech of it.

Thanks

3 hours ago, xtent said:

Basically I would like to place a link on my website and have the user download a file, but rather than just right clicking and choosing save target as, the link must be clicked, on the next page the file is fetched and then the client can download the file. How would I go about setting this up please?

Set up the second page to show what you want, then use Javascript to "redirect" to the download.

3 hours ago, xtent said:

When the download appears the link that is produced doesn't show the actual download either, so users can't leech of it.

If you think not showing them the link means they can't download the file at will, you're quite a bit mistaken.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.