Prepared Statement Update Only Some Fields

Adamhumbug

HI All,

I am writing a prepared statement to update some user information.

Included in this table are the username and password fields. 

In this particular form, i dont want the user to have access to this information and have built a form that only shows what i want them to be able to change.

The bit that i am not sure about is the prepared statement that i am writing.

I am getting a boolean error suggesting that my prepare failed and i think this may be because i have not named every field in the table.

To give an idea of the table fields i have pulled this from php my_admin (this is not the sql i am running)

UPDATE `ssm_user` SET `user_id`=[value-1],`user_email`=[value-2],`user_password`=[value-3],
`user_firstname`=[value-4],`user_lastname`=[value-5],`user_accountlevel`=[value-6],
`user_mobile`=[value-7],`user_role`=[value-8],`user_lastlogondate`=[value-9] WHERE 1

my prepared statement is

$stmt = $conn->prepare("
			UPDATE ssm_user 
			SET 
			user_email=?,
			user_firstname=?,
			user_lastname=?,
			user_accountlevel=?,
			user_mobile=?,
			WHERE user_id = ?
			");

$stmt->bind_param('sssssi', $email, $fname, $lname, $accountlevel, $mobile, $uid);
    	$stmt->execute();
    	return $stmt->affected_rows;

Do i have to declare every field in the table or is there something that i am missing here.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.