htaccess redirect help

chronister2

Hello Everyone,

I hope all are well in here. It's been a LONG time since I've been here... glad to see it still thriving and going strong. 

Here is my predicament. .......

I'm creating an article section on my website, sort of a mini-blog within the site and need some assistance with .htaccess redirects to make SEO friendly URLs

I've tried a ton of examples online and can't quite get it working

I'm trying to take

https://mywebsite.com/Articles/viewArticle.php?article=name-of-article 

which is the current url and structure of pulling the articles. I've got a db field that holds name-of-article and pulls that as my URL argument on the viewArticle.php page. 

I want to pass the url structure as shown below and my .htaccess redirects the internal pointers to viewArticle.php and passes the name-of-article part as a var.

https://mywebsite.com/Articles/name-of-article

I hope that makes sense. Here is the latest code I have attempted. This is in /Articles/.htaccess

Options +FollowSymLinks -MultiViews
# Turn mod_rewrite on
RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule /Articles/(.*) /viewArticle.php?article=$1

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.