Need advise on reviews and ratings

jakebur01

I have an idea for a site that is sort of like a directory which I already have built.  I'd like to incorporate some social media into it allowing each directory listing to get comments and star ratings.

I don't like envato/code canyon packaged sites.  I'd rather be flexible and mostly use all of my own code.  However, I have seen a star rating class on phpclasses, but I have not come across a user/comment class or script yet that I can customize into my directory listings.

If I can find a class I can add on to my site that already has a user profile, and all of the ajax and css for commenting/rating, I would use if it I could customize it into the site I already have.  I'd just rather not use an entire social media site someone has built then try to add my code and pages into it and have to depend on the developer for support.

Does anyone know of any rating/commenting classes or have any suggestions?

• 3 months later...
On 1/30/2020 at 7:28 PM, jakebur01 said:

Of course, these same users will need to be able to edit and or add some directory listings.

I can try to build it from scratch, but it sure would save me a lot of time if there is something already out there I could implement.

Do it

Ratings have to be persisted somehow.

Anything you find of any real value is going to be an addon to an existing cms, blog or e commerce system.

As you already have an existing system, the best idea would be to add ratings onto it.

The database structure required is not that difficult to create and code.  

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.