string checks

ajoo

Hi !

@ gw1500se :  While it's complicated I don't think it would require a regex since it's also basic. 

@requinix : Since this is an input received via ajax, someone can try and doctor the input to try and break the code. Hence I had the == false as well. And since a string won't be equal to false, I am thinking that it may be necessary to check that the input received is indeed a string. Wouldn't that be so ? Would you still go ahead with your code that you pasted above?

Thanks ! 

27 minutes ago, ajoo said:

Since this is an input received via ajax, someone can try and doctor the input to try and break the code. Hence I had the == false as well. And since a string won't be equal to false, I am thinking that it may be necessary to check that the input received is indeed a string. Wouldn't that be so ? Would you still go ahead with your code that you pasted above?

It will be either a string or an array. If you want to protect against that, a simple is_string() will suffice.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.