Reordering DIVs for mobile device...

Jim R

http://wolomarketing.com

One the desktop, I have a checkerboard pattern set up with two columns and four rows.  

Navy | Light Blue

*Light Blue | Navy

Navy | Light Blue

*Light Blue | Navy

* Class name:  .row-reverse

On the phone, it shows as one column as...

Navy

Light Blue

Light Blue

Navy

Navy

Light Blue

Light Blue

Navy

I would like it to show up as...

Navy

Light Blue

Navy

Light Blue

Navy

Light Blue

Navy

Light Blue

This was my last effort at reordering the DIVs.  The DIVs leading with Light-Blue has a class name of row-reverse.  

.row-reverse < .span_12 { 
    display: flex; 
    flex-flow: row;
    flex-wrap: wrap;
    }

I see three blue colors: navy blue with writing, light blue with writing, and the dark blue/gray with images. I can't figure what you're describing according to that.

I'm guessing that you want to have text + image / image + text alternating on desktop and then just text + image on mobile. Is that it?

Rearrange everything in the markup so that it is correct: text first, image second. Desktop is where you should be making it read backwards. Do that by using looking into whatever options your CSS framework gives you regarding repositioning inside its grid system; if there isn't anything then use order.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2020 at 6:56 PM, requinix said:

I see three blue colors: navy blue with writing, light blue with writing, and the dark blue/gray with images. I can't figure what you're describing according to that.

I'm guessing that you want to have text + image / image + text alternating on desktop and then just text + image on mobile. Is that it?

Rearrange everything in the markup so that it is correct: text first, image second. Desktop is where you should be making it read backwards. Do that by using looking into whatever options your CSS framework gives you regarding repositioning inside its grid system; if there isn't anything then use order.

Correct.  I do apologize for not being clear. 

18 hours ago, maxxd said:

Also, for what you've shown us you want "flex-direction: row", not "flex-flow: wrap". That's not going to fix your issue, but it should help cut down on some of the noise while you're debugging the rest of it.

I'll change it to wrap.  

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.