Need to add a "Post #"

1 hour ago, requinix said:

Then I must have misread your post, because I was sure it said something like "if it makes the owner $$$, that is all he cares about". Or maybe I'm mistaken on the meaning of the word "greedy" and it does not, in fact, mean "having or showing an intense and selfish desire for something, especially wealth or power".

You read too much into what I said, and I could have worded it better.

Put another way, if you run a business your goal is to have a working system and make $$, which apparently your forum software accomplishes.  That doesn't mean it is perfect - which it isn't - or that it will satisfy every user's need (e.g. Post #).

That's all.

At least you guys took into consideration my request for a Post #.

Thanks.

Edited by SaranacLake

Without going into details, the owners don't own PHP Freaks for the revenue. It generating any revenue at all is more of a nice to have - especially if it's enough to cover the hardware and hosting costs. As demonstrated by how long it took for us to put up ads - ads which appear to me to not be working again...

Just now, requinix said:

Without going into details, the owners don't own PHP Freaks for the revenue. It generating any revenue at all is more of a nice to have - especially if it's enough to cover the hardware and hosting costs. As demonstrated by how long it took for us to put up ads - ads which appear to me to not be working again...

If they did, it would be no sin.

Sorry my comment came across the wrong way.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.