ansible automation : unable to automate setting up ssh keys on hosts

ajoo

Hi, 

I have been trying to automate the setting up od ssh keys on host machines using ansible. I have setup a master and test machine using vagrant on centos7. It automatically creates the vagrant user on both machines with sudo rights. Now I do not wish to manually copy the public key from the master to the node machine. I would rather have ansible do it. It always gives the following error:

TASK [Gathering Facts] ***************************************************************************************************************
fatal: [web01]: UNREACHABLE! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Failed to connect to the host via ssh: Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic).\r\n", "unreachable": true}
        to retry, use: --limit @/vagrant/playbook.retry

My sshd_config has PasswordAuthentication = yes. Yet it does not ask for the password.

If I try and ssh into the server directly from the terminal i get the following error :

Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic).

and again it does not ask for the password.

Looking for any suggestion and stuff I can try. 

Thanks all !

This thread is more than a year old.