Creating a passwordless user on a centos7 using Ansible fails.

ajoo

HI, 

I have been trying to create a passwordless user using Ansible. However it fails at the point where the SSH key is to be placed. 

Below is the playbook that I am using.

Text

---

- hosts: test1
  become: yes
  tasks:

- name: Make sure we have a 'wheel' group
    group:
      name: wheel
      state: present

- name: Allow 'wheel' group to have passwordless sudo
    lineinfile:
      dest: /etc/sudoers
      regexp: '^%wheel'
      line: '%wheel ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL'
      validate: 'visudo -cf %s'

- name: Add sudoers users to wheel group
    user: 
      name: "adminn"
      groups: wheel 
      append: yes 
      createhome: yes

- name: Set up authorized keys for the adminn user
    authorized_key: 
      user: adminn 
      key: "{{ item }}"
    with_file:
      - /home/vagrant/.ssh/id_rsa.pub

which ends giving the following error.

PLAY [test1] *************************************************************************************************************************

TASK [Gathering Facts] ***************************************************************************************************************
ok: [test1]

TASK [Make sure we have a 'wheel' group] *********************************************************************************************
ok: [test1]

TASK [Allow 'wheel' group to have passwordless sudo] *********************************************************************************
changed: [test1]

TASK [Add sudoers users to wheel group] **********************************************************************************************
changed: [test1]

TASK [Set up authorized keys for the adminn user] ************************************************************************************
fatal: [test1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Either user must exist or you must provide full path to key file in check mode"}
        to retry, use: --limit @/vagrant/ansible2/playbook.retry

PLAY RECAP ***************************************************************************************************************************
test1                      : ok=4    changed=2    unreachable=0    failed=1

I have set up the system using vagrant wherein i have a control and node server with default user vagrant that already has a passwordless access from control to the node. This is a new user that I wish to create.

I referred to this article .

Hoping that someone can help me resolve this error. 

Thanks all !

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.