Output to PDF

That would be because CSS is for HTML. PDFs do not support CSS.

TCPDF does not do CSS as far as I can tell. So either you forget CSS and tell TCPDF explicitly what styling you want to use everywhere, or you pick another HTML-to-PDF library that does support CSS.

If I can remember what library I used some time ago and was fairly pleased with then I'll mention it.

It's a little more complicated to setup, but I personally prefer using something like pdf-puppeteer.  It essentially spins up a browser to render the page then generate the PDF so you can use most all your modern CSS/HTML (with some limitations) to design the page.   I've used it in a few projects and can generally just render the same HTML/CSS as I normally use but without the header/footer and a extra 'pdf' class on the <html> tag.

You just have to have node available on the server, create a little javascript program to accept your HTML and generate the PDF then use exec to run it.  If you have dedicated hosting or a VPS then it should be relatively simple to setup.  If your on shared hosting you'll likely have to ask your host if they support such a thing.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.