So Stackoverflow banned Col Shrapnel/ of Phpdelusions

gizmola

Lately I've been getting real annoyed with SO and some of the stupidity that goes on there.  As it happens, I stumbled upon the author of the PhpDelusions PDO and MySqli tutorials SO profile, and discovered that he/she had been banned from SO apparently due to too many complaints from the clueless he's tried tirelessly to educate.  

SO Profile here.  Had 146k rep, over 4 years and Hundreds of answers on php, pdo and mysqli.  I know many if not all of the admins, mods and gurus have linked people to phpdelusions in the past.  The old adage "no good deed goes unpunished" seems applicable.

• Thanks 1

People still use StackOverflow?

That's only half a joke. Their community has always been toxic to newcomers and there's so much emphasis on correctness that anything less than perfect is unacceptable. And there's the hostility towards any form of discussion about what is right that I always mention when this subject comes up.

SO is good when you're looking for a precise answer to a specific question, but it's terrible for actually asking the questions, or trying to weigh in as a new person with different answers. But I am glad they dethroned Expert Sex Change in search results.

edit: If Your Common Sense/shrapnelcol came across this thread and decided they wanted to join our forum...

Edited by requinix
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.