I'm in a problem Save to text file without duplication

k7l2010

Please help and amend the code Save without repetition required $read[0] I hope that my example is clear to you I apologize for bothering you. I am not good in English

<?php

$fileLocation = getenv("DOCUMENT_ROOT") . "/rt.txt";
  $file = fopen($fileLocation,"a");
$n1 = $_POST['n1'];
$n2 = $_POST['n2'];
 	for($i = 0; $i <  count($file); $i++){

$read = explode("|", $file[$i]);
			if($n1 == $read[0]){
echo 'Repetition';
    }
    else
   {

fwrite($file,$n1.'|'.$n2."\r\n");

}

fopen() gives you a "resource" for you to read from and write to the file. "a" means to open the file in append mode, putting you at the end of the file and only allowing you to write.

If you want to read and write then use "a+" mode and fseek to the beginning. You can read each line with fgets to look for repetition.

You need to use a variable to remember whether you have found the repetition. Start the variable as false, then if you find the repetition set it to true. After the loop, if you did not find the repetition then you can fwrite() the new line (which PHP will put at the end of the file).

Remember to fclose at the end.

Hello Please amend the code Thank you for your interaction😩

We will not write the code for you. Try to understand what I wrote in my reply and amend your code. If you have more problems when you are done then we can help you fix it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.