Installing PHP and its dependencies

Hi,

I need to install PHP for an application to run. These are the PHP extensions needed as pre-requisites:

gd                      2.0 or later     PHP GD extension must support PNG images (--with-png-dir), JPEG (--with-jpeg-dir) images and FreeType 2 (--with-freetype-dir).
bcmath             php-bcmath (--enable-bcmath)
ctype                 php-ctype (--enable-ctype)
libXML              2.6.15 or later     php-xml or php5-dom, if provided as a separate package by the distributor.
xmlreader         php-xmlreader, if provided as a separate package by the distributor.
xmlwriter          php-xmlwriter, if provided as a separate package by the distributor.
session             php-session, if provided as a separate package by the distributor.
sockets             php-net-socket (--enable-sockets). Required for user script support.
mbstring           php-mbstring (--enable-mbstring)
gettext              php-gettext (--with-gettext). Required for translations to work.
ldap                   php-ldap. Required only if LDAP authentication is used in the frontend.
ibm_db2           Required if IBM DB2 is used as Zabbix backend database.
mysqli               Required if MySQL is used as Zabbix backend database.
oci8                  Required if Oracle is used as Zabbix backend database.
pgsql                Required if PostgreSQL is used as Zabbix backend database.

I managed to install all needed, except php-net-socket (It says php-net-socket not found). How do I resolve this?

And I have installed php using the method package install, not from source. Do I still need to install the php extensions above that have (--enable) in them?

And what about if I use the CentOS/RedHat ScLO repository? Is there a substitute for any of the packages above or is it still the same name? The version of CentOS I am using is CentOS 7, and prefer to use SCLO to get the latest packages.

Cheers.

Edited by anaigini

11 hours ago, anaigini said:

I managed to install all needed, except php-net-socket (It says php-net-socket not found). How do I resolve this?

By finding the correct name according to wherever you're installing from.

And I have installed php using the method package install, not from source. Do I still need to install the php extensions above that have (--enable) in them?

Those flags are for compiling PHP. You are not compiling PHP.

And what about if I use the CentOS/RedHat ScLO repository? Is there a substitute for any of the packages above or is it still the same name? The version of CentOS I am using is CentOS 7, and prefer to use SCLO to get the latest packages.

If you were able to install everything, except ext/sockets, then apparently you were able to install everything.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.