setting up php: on a win 10 box: issues - cannot add the environment-variables to the system

good day dear Requinix, good day dear Barand, hello dear experts

good day dear Community,  

the topic today: setting up php: on a win 10 box: issues - cannot add the environment-variables to the system 

during the setup of PHP on a  Win-10 i run into issues - cannot add the environment variables to the system 

although: i should have the admin rights. 

but i cannot do the settings.. 

cf . Installing PHP 7 and Composer on Windows 10, Natively | Jeff Geerling
https://www.jeffgeerling.com/blog/2018/installing-php-7-and-composer-on-windows-10

Add C:\PHP7 to your Windows system path: Open the System Control Panel. Click 'Advanced System Settings'. Click the 'Environment Variables...' button. Click on the Path row under 'System variables', and click 'Edit...' Click 'New' and add the row C:\PHP7. Click OK, then OK, then OK, and close out of the System Control Panel. Open PowerShell or another terminal emulator (I generally prefer cmder), and type in php -v to verify PHP is working.

dear Requinix: do you have any Workaround!?

Can i do some steps on the powershell - i have access to it. 

possible workdaround  that come to my mind:  ican try the rapid editor - the so called Rapid Environment Editor   what do you think about this?!

ps - on Linux this would be no problem at all.. 

kook forward to hear from you

Have a great day 

image.png.3fb9cd3917ca5da5c657db5c2716e0c5.png

Edited by dil_bert

• 1 month later...

hi there 

i am currently workin with the  https://www.rapidee.com/en/environment-variables

Environment variables are specially named aliases for basic system properties. Here is the Microsoft definition:

Environment variables are strings that contain information such as drive, path, or file name. They control the behavior of various programs. For example, the TEMP environment variable specifies the location in which programs place temporary files.

RapidEE could be useful to edit variables such as PATH, CLASSPATH (Java developers, it's for you), INCLUDE or LIB (respect to C++ developers) with easy. Moreover you will never make a mistake, because RapidEE checks your input and highlights both paths and filenames which are wrong

to digg all the things 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.