PHP Fatal error always in same line

Carmelina

I am having issues with my website getting errors occasionally (not consistent, every 4th page or so). When I check the error log I get the following message:

[04-Jun-2020 14:57:22 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/sitename/public_html/wp-includes/meta.php on line 964

99% of the time it is line 964, rarely it is line 960. I really dont think this has to do with memory size as our memory is set to 512M, I thought it might have been an issues with W3 total cache, but deactivating the plugin didn't seem to have any affect.

Here is the meta.php code from line 949-964.

if ( ! empty( $meta_list ) ) {
		foreach ( $meta_list as $metarow ) {
			$mpid = intval( $metarow[ $column ] );
			$mkey = $metarow['meta_key'];
			$mval = $metarow['meta_value'];

// Force subkeys to be array type.
			if ( ! isset( $cache[ $mpid ] ) || ! is_array( $cache[ $mpid ] ) ) {
				$cache[ $mpid ] = array();
			}
			if ( ! isset( $cache[ $mpid ][ $mkey ] ) || ! is_array( $cache[ $mpid ][ $mkey ] ) ) {
				$cache[ $mpid ][ $mkey ] = array();
			}

// Add a value to the current pid/key.
			$cache[ $mpid ][ $mkey ][] = $mval;

I am fairly new to this so any help is really appreciated as I am just trying to help fix my family's business website

Thanks!

• Carmelina changed the title to PHP Fatal error always in same line
23 minutes ago, Carmelina said:

as our memory is set to 512M

No it isn't.  It's set to 128MB according to your error message.

23 minutes ago, Carmelina said:

Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted

134217728 bytes = 128MB

Make sure you're editing the correct php.ini file, use phpinfo() to find it if necessary.

1 minute ago, kicken said:

No it isn't.  It's set to 128MB according to your error message.

134217728 bytes = 128MB

Make sure you're editing the correct php.ini file, use phpinfo() to find it if necessary.

You're right, I just noticed after posting I was looking in the wrong folder and there is no php.ini for the correct/live version of my website. I have a dedicated server with host gator but even in WHM I cant find the PHP Configuration Editor that I am supposed to have access to. Im and on hold with support, hopefully I can get the memory limit raised.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.