Redirect if Not a Specific Page & user not Logged in

n1concepts

Hi,

I need to modify some code found on Github to redirect if the user is not already logged in as the set 'wp user' from the script or 'admin'.

Github link: https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/e8d1d9f732328ba360ad

<?php

function auto_login() {
	// @TODO: change these 2 items
	$loginpageid   = '1234'; //Page ID of your login page
	$loginusername = 'wpusername'; //username of the WordPress user account to impersonate

// get this username's ID
	$user = get_user_by( 'login', $loginusername );

// only attempt to auto-login if at www.site.com/auto-login/ (i.e. www.site.com/?p=1234 ) and a user by that username was found
	if (!is_page( $loginpageid ) || ! $user instanceof WP_User ) {
		return;
	} else {

$user_id = $user->ID;

// login as this user
	wp_set_current_user( $user_id, $loginusername );
	wp_set_auth_cookie( $user_id );
	do_action( 'wp_login', $loginusername, $user );

// redirect to home page after logging in (i.e. don't show content of www.site.com/?p=1234 )
	wp_redirect( home_url() );
        exit;
    }
}

add_action( 'wp', 'auto_login', 1 );

?>

Basically, I want to define in the function php file the logic to redirect viewer to the login page if the following conditions not met:

1. is_page NOT '1234'  and/or wpusername not found

2. No user currently logged in (either wpusername or any wp admin)

Again, if either of those conditions not met, then the script should redirect to 'wp_login'

-----

Can anyone advise what edits can be made to this code to accomplish that goal - thx

If it's one or several predefined page(s), does the built-in password protection not work? It should limit access to either those users with a password or admin/editor permissions.

If that doesn't do it, I think I used to use the 'init' hook to check if the user is logged in and any custom permissions associated with that login - it's run after 'set_current_user' so it should be good. Although, it may have been the 'wp_loaded' hook - sorry, it's been a bit.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.