Crash without feedback

silas2

I'm running one of those really dense zend-based frameworks with masses of recursion (Magento), and I'm getting a problem with reading/writing the session, before I deal with that I'm trying to find some feedback on where the issue is happening.

I've got everything ( i know of ) switched on, 

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 1);
ini_set('display_startup_errors', 1);

+ I'm using PHPStorm with Xdebug and I've got Php Exception breakpoint set, I'm watching the Phpstorm Output/Console/Terminal (don't quite know the difference) +var/log/Exception.log, but....It just hangs without telling me which line.

Is this someting I've got to take on the chin with Php (I'm a relative newbie)? Or is there some way else?

Debian/Php 7.3

I've upped it to 256 and I'm still getting the problem. This is where I am diagnostically:

If I disable xdebug it runs fine.

If I enable xdebug I still get the fault 11 even with the 256M - is it going into some sort of recursion?

When I step thru code I get the spooky affect of if I step in a procedure it behaves ok, if I step over the same procedure it crashes.

Other Magento apps on the same box, same xdebug setup are ok.

Do you think (desperate measure? ), its something like file corruption in the app and just re-install it? 

Its possible but you might try going to 512K on your memory first. Magento is a separate thing so it would not effect PHP max memory. It would only effect total memory and I assume you have at least 8G. How big is your swap? Although I doubt that would cause a memory fault.

That's what I was saying about the other Magento Installs on the same PC, they're working OK so I assume there's nothing wrong with PHP/xdebug/apache, but maybe there's corruption in the project files for this one project where I have the problem?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.