How do I check for: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s):

Sonnich

Hi all

My code give this:

<b>Warning</b>:  file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/clients/........

I get the tmp folder and check for its existanse and whether it is writeable

$t=sys_get_temp_dir();
writelog("t=$t");
if(file_exists($t)) writelog("t1=YES"); else writelog("t1=NO");
if(is_writable($t)) writelog("t2=YES"); else writelog("t2=NO");

Both gives no which is fine, I can process that. I do it to avoid the output above, but I still get that.

How should I check for allowed paths?

This runs on several systems where I cannot access php.ini or other system stuff.

I used PHP 11 years ago and I move my clients stuff. 

I dont see php.ini, not might I have access to it on my clients's ISP's systems.

Unless I can create php.ini myself and have it.

Sorry, I dont know much here. Some guidelines please....

The temp dir really ought to be writable by PHP. You and/or your client should complain to the "ISP" or whoever manages their PHP setup to allow for that.

Worst case: write to someplace other than /tmp. Like a dedicated log directory for your application.

Oh. And this is something that should be configurable.

8 hours ago, requinix said:

The temp dir really ought to be writable by PHP. You and/or your client should complain to the "ISP" or whoever manages their PHP setup to allow for that.

Worst case: write to someplace other than /tmp. Like a dedicated log directory for your application.

Oh. And this is something that should be configurable.

That will be my work around. My client want to move from this ISP to another, as there are other problems.

Usually once a year the do something and we have remind them about rights etc. It usually takes them a week and a daily mail to react.
After all, once I have copied their data out the will finish with this ISP

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.