}.[anytext].[anytext]{

and put a whitespace inbetween the fullstops, eg:-

}.class1.class2{ --> becomes --> }class1. class2{
}.name1.myname2.anothername3{ --> becomes --> }name1. myname2. anothername3{

Many thanks for your help,

Alex

Edited by Barand
add code tags

You do know that ".class1.class2" and ".class1 .class2" mean two different things, right? Is the minifier buggy and incorrectly removing the space? Or is the source it's processing incorrect?

How about more of a description about what's going on, why you have this problem in the first place, and exactly what you need when you say "find strings that match a pattern of"?

What minifier are you using? As requinix pointed out, `.class1.class2` is very different from `.class1 .class2` and if your minifier is adding or removing spaces like that it's broken. I always had good luck with cssmin if you're using gulp - I assume it's usable via webpack.

I wrote the CSS minifier myself. It removes whitespace and newlines and comments, but because I don't know how to code a pattern matching for multiple classnames as posted, it removes whitespace from between the class names as well.

As mentioned, 'class1.class2' is different to '.class1 .class2'.

Is there a way to pattern match text between braces }xxx{ and replace .class1.class2...etc... with the space?

Edited by phpaliuk

Given that you wrote the minifier yourself, it's going to be very hard for us to recommend anything given we have absolutely no idea what the minifier is or how it works. I mean, I can't even tell if it's written in PHP...

And on that note, why did you write it yourself? There are plenty of existing minifiers out there that don't have bugs like stripping significant whitespace.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.