How do i retrieve inserted values from mysql database with respect to a user id in php?

Andreycon

Am a newbie in php. Since I can't insert values to the database with respect to a user Id or with any other token using WHERE clause.

I.e "INSERT INTO receipts(date) VALUES(example) where id="**....."

If I need to fetch several values of column for a particular user, how do I go about it? Thank you!!!

4 minutes ago, Andreycon said:

Since I can't insert values to the database with respect to a user Id or with any other token using WHERE clause.

Only true if the column of the where clause does not exist. Unless, of course, you don't have privileges.

This should get you started.

INSERT queries don't have WHERE clauses. they have a list of columns and corresponding values. you would add the user_id column next to the date column and supply the user id value for that column when the query gets executed. you should not put external, unknown, dynamic values directly into a query. use a prepared query.

here's the insert query documentation definition with the most commonly used elements highlighted -

INSERT [LOW_PRIORITY | DELAYED | HIGH_PRIORITY] [IGNORE]
    [INTO] tbl_name
    [PARTITION (partition_name [, partition_name] ...)]
    [(col_name [, col_name] ...)]
    {VALUES | VALUE} (value_list) [, (value_list)] ...
    [ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE assignment_list]

the value_list definition -

value_list:
    value [, value] ...

for a prepared query, the value_list would contain a ? place-holder for each value.

• Great Answer 1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.