mkcert and docker question

maxxd

Hey y'all.

I'm not sure which sub-forum is most appropriate for this question, so I'm putting it here because here's where I go first. Anyway - does anybody use mkcert with Docker? It seems like a perfect solution to enable local SSL-enabled development and testing, but I'm still getting the 'Potential Security Risk' warning when I hit my local dev site.

The problem is that the system I'm working on now is all about php-based "micro-services" that talk to each other via AWS SQS queues, and some (one in particular) are throwing an "Unknown SSL protocol error" when using a super old version of the AWS PHP API to move a file into an S3 bucket hosted on my localstack environment. It's not helped by the fact that I have to mix php 7.2 and 5.6 in separate docker containers in this image to get everything to play mostly OK with each other.

Sorry for the rambling - it's late. My question is this: what am I missing in my mkcert setup that I'm still getting the authentication error in the browser? This is what I've got specific to this issue (I've installed wget and libnss3-tools and my image is based on php:7.4-apache:

Dockerfile:

# create the locally trusted SSL certificates
RUN mkdir /usr/local/.ssh
RUN wget https://github.com/FiloSottile/mkcert/releases/download/v1.4.1/mkcert-v1.4.1-linux-amd64
RUN mv mkcert-v1.4.1-linux-amd64 mkcert
RUN chmod +x mkcert
RUN cp mkcert /usr/local/bin/
RUN mkcert -install
RUN mkcert -cert-file /usr/local/.ssh/laravel-local.pem -key-file /usr/local/.ssh/laravel-local-key.pem '*.laravel.local' laravel.local localhost 127.0.0.1

Apache.conf:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost.com
    DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/public"
    ServerName "laravel.local"
    <Directory "/var/www/html/public/">
        AllowOverride All
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:443>
    DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/public"
    ServerName "laravel.local"
    SSLEngine On
    SSLCertificateFile "/usr/local/.ssh/laravel-local.pem"
    SSLCertificateKeyFile "/usr/local/.ssh/laravel-local-key.pem"
</VirtualHost>

docker-compose:

laravel:
    build:
      context: .
    image: laravel:new
    volumes:
      - ../project:/var/www/html
      - ../logs/:/var/log/
    ports:
      - 8001:80
      - 443:443
    environment:
      - ENVIRONMENT=development
    networks:
      - laravel

Obviously there's more to each of the files, but I've included the pertinent parts - let me know if more would be helpful.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.