Set Cookies PHP Login

eddcaton

Okay, now you get to do what I've had to do a thousand times.... google your error message, click the first result and see which scenario applies to your script.

Debugging goes like this:
1.) Error reporting (you now have that at the top of your page)
2.) Google your errors
3.) Fix your errors.

p.s. I'm still bothered about your <form> tag which appears to have no action ... but I'm too lazy to read your code and see if you have a javascript form.submit() in there somewhere...

p.s#2 ..and the line of code that reads: if(isset($_COOKIE["id"])) .... where is "id" anywhere on what you posted? I see a setcookie("user_id" ..... and obviously "id" is different than "user_id" so does that need fixin' ???

Edited by StevenOliver
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, StevenOliver said:

your <form> tag which appears to have no action ...

in html5, no action attribute at all means that the form submits to the same page. you can also set action='#' to submit to the same page, but an empty action attribute, action='', is not valid html5 markup (as of the last time i checked.)

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the help and assistance on this really annoying issue. 

I have now found the error in the code. 

When coding in Sublime everything looks fine and no issues. When i took a look at the file directly from Cpanel there was a single . before <?php which threw the whole lot off. 

I have removed the dot from the cpanel view and it works perfectly now.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.