PostgreSQL into a cloud...

GerryGer

For an online shop of my client I’ve been working on a member site for quite some time now.

The framework and the code are working now and everything. I’ve created everything using a simple PostgreSQL database. The only problem now, is that my client doesn’t have any servers which could provide a proficient speed and capacity.

To solve that problem, I’ve decided on using a cloud from here on. Implementing my work into the cloud could turn out to be a bit difficult, but I’ve heard that there is software like [redacted] which can solve that in seconds. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Edited by requinix
removing link

• 1 year later...
Not too much of a difference putting your database on another server (which is what the cloud is...) as long as you are able to setup the access appropriately. There are plenty of solutions out there these days that are focused specifically on scalability and can be set up with a few clicks, the complexity now tends to be introduced at the security layer depending on your architecture and how your applications need to talk to each other

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.