Refresh Button

V0ltzz

Your question is unclear. Are these "pages" both currently open by the same user? I.e. the user clicks a button in one browser window that refreshes the content in another window? Or, is the page with a button something that User A clicks to initiate a refresh in a different page being viewed by User B? Better yet, why don't you explain the problem you are trying to solve that you think that creating such a scenario would solve? It's also important to know if these pages are hosted under the same domain. Do you have control over the content in both pages?

Edited by Psycho

13 minutes ago, Psycho said:

Your question is unclear. Are these "pages" both currently open by the same user? I.e. the user clicks a button in one browser window that refreshes the content in another window? Or, is the page with a button something that User A clicks to initiate a refresh in a different page being viewed by User B? Better yet, why don't you explain the problem you are trying to solve that you think that creating such a scenario would solve? It's also important to know if these pages are hosted under the same domain. Do you have control over the content in both pages?

Frist mention, the user click in button then other page refresh. These pages are hosted in equal domain. And i have the control of all pages. I want make a ticket system and i want called tickets on backoffice and show ticket in other page "frontoffice" but i think is more easy make this with a button for refresh the frontoffice

7 minutes ago, V0ltzz said:

Frist mention, the user click in button then other page refresh. These pages are hosted in equal domain. And i have the control of all pages. I want make a ticket system and i want called tickets on backoffice and show ticket in other page "frontoffice" but i think is more easy make this with a button for refresh the frontoffice

I guess I'm still missing something. A user is on the "backoffice" page and they perform some action where you want to display a set of results in a new page "frontoffice" - is that correct? If the "frontoffice" page is opened from the "backoffice" page, then you can set a target on the "frontoffice" page. Then whenever the page is opened from "backoffice" it will replace the contents in the window that "frontoffice" was loaded in.

FYI: You can use javascript in one window/tab to control another window/tab, but there has to be something to identify that other window/tab. It's typically done when the 2nd window is opened from the first. If the two urls are opened independently of each other, I don't know how you can reference one from the other. But, if you are wanting to just refresh the contents, I think the approach I provided above is easier.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.