Redirect domains to a URL+domains

kahymo
Go to solution Solved by requinix,

hi guys

i need a script i can use on  a website that redirect all domains to a specific URL+domain

so here is the goal to achieve:

i want to redirect DOMAIN1.com  DOMAIN2.org DOMAIN3.com ....

to my main domain MyredirectDomainurl.com 

and on MyredirectDomainurl.com  i need to run a script that will FORWARD

DOMAIN1.com     ===>  https://www.afternic.com/domain/DOMAIN1.COM

DOMAIN2.ORG     ===>  https://www.afternic.com/domain/DOMAIN2.ORG

DOMAIN3.com     ===>  https://www.afternic.com/domain/DOMAIN3.com

thanks for your help

Hal

Edited by kahymo
typo

the htaccess code will be hosted on the root of MyRedirectDomain.com  as show in the illustration

how to catch the origin domain in a variable

and reuse it for the destination

the use is to forward 100 or 10K domains to one website, and have them all redirected to a specific parking page

Edited by kahymo

@requinix is it easy to bulk redirect hundreths/thousands domain to the target domain

if you  redirect one by one,

it is hunndreths/thousands redirect inside these registrar backoffice who can be take anything from 1 minutes upto 3 minutes  per redirect

so after it is setup, it take 15min to redirect all the domains

versus a few hours/days to process each domain one by one

Edited by kahymo

@requinix, that's an alternative solution

but require a server, which i don't have right now

i think some developpers should be able to write a simple htaccess and index.php code

that do just that with one domain 

• Solution
30 minutes ago, kahymo said:

but require a server, which i don't have right now

What? Sure you do: that second server you were planning to use. The one where the domains redirect to, and where you were going to redirect from.

Take that, add a virtualhost for a catch-all domain (so any domain that doesn't match some other known site), then give it a redirect to go to destinationtarget.com/(requested domain). It's one configuration that handles the redirects for every single domain you throw at it - assuming you all want them to use the same pattern for the redirect.
Then you change the DNS for the domains you want to redirect from such that they resolve to that second server. Browser will look up "domain1.com" or "domain2.com" or "domain3.com", all of them resolve to that second server, browser asks the server for the webpage at that domain, server responds with a redirect to destinationtarget.com.

In fact, that "second server" can simply be whatever server hosts destinationtarget.com. I mean, this redirect business is very lightweight. It's not going to add any noticeable load to anything.

So there. You have a server that hosts destinationtarget.com. Give it a new configuration for a catch-all domain that does the redirect I said, then update the domains to point to that server. And if you decide to handle some redirected domains differently then you don't have to update DNS for anything.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.