Has something changed that I am not aware of?

Von2
Go to solution Solved by requinix,

Hi All,

I received an email this morning purporting to be from phpfreaks.com, contents of which are:

"Hi Von,

We have detected 3 failed log in attempts to your account from Novomoskovsk, Tul'skaya Oblast', 301650, Russian Federation.

If this wasn't you, someone else may be trying to access your account. These log in attempts were unsuccessful. You may however want to change your password for greater security, especially if you use the same password on other websites.

If this was you, you can safely ignore this email and you will be able to sign in again at 01/10/2021 08:32 AM.

Secure my account or Reset my password (these two items are blue buttons in the email)."

Address that sent the email is : [no-reply@...]

Initially I didn't think too much about it so proceeded to go manually to phpfreaks forums to see whether others were reporting  getting this sort of email (I don't click any links in emails (call me paranoid if you like)).
Couldn't find anything relevant in the forums so I tried to sign in but couldn't. My password is not being accepted (or, but unlikely, I've forgotten my password) so I decided to use the 'Contact us' link at the bottom of the page, proceeded to type all the required details and my message and hit submit.

Imagine my surprise when a short while later (11:07) I received an email from Nibble Netwrx, LLC Nibble Tier1 [support@...] saying that they had opened a support ticket and would respond soon. However now, some five hours later (16:17), going to the site now issues a statement to say the ticket doesn't exist.

I'm also not able to post using my username (can't sign in without password) nor using my original email address (comes up with a message that it is in use by another member) so I've had to use my spare email address in order to try and get some assistance.

Is this a new system or is there something going wrong somewhere? Appreciate any advice.

Edited by requinix
removing email addresses

• Solution

I can't tell what your other account is. What's the username or email? You can post it or PM me.

I'm being stupid. It should be obvious what the original account is.
I do see the account being locked from too many unsuccessful login attempts from 37.147.174.213, but that lock has since expired (while the site was offline). You should be good to go now.

I can't really speak to the support ticket thing... Nibble Netwrx owns PHP Freaks so that's why you got that email from them.

Edited by requinix

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.