How to create a media library

Richie1209

I want to create a media library in the CMS, similar to how it is in WordPress but custom-coded in PHP on my own site.

Can this be done simply with a database connection or will the images need to be uploaded to a server?

Bit confused as to how it works and which is the best way to go about it.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Richie1209

• 3 weeks later...

You do not need a database at all. In fact, it is sometimes faster to not use a database, since it takes extra time to establish a database connection (unless it is hosted on the same server).

I already tried this. The code is placed on GitHub under Apache license, maybe you can use it in your project. It only uses build-in features of PHP and gd library. Available here: https://github.com/beamtic/php-photo-gallery

The project has not been updated for awhile, but still got some features planned, including a Wordpress plugin.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.