Video player issue player dont work on every browser vbulletin 4

kerd

well.. i have vbulletin 4 forum i try to put video player so if i upload mp4 file so i can play video but sad part is its working only at firefox browser can you help me out .. video code looks like this

<vb:if condition="$attachment[attachmentextension] == mp4">
<video width="620" height="540" controls>
  <source src="attachment.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}attachmentid={vb:raw attachment.attachmentid}&amp;d={vb:raw attachment.dateline}" type="video/mp4">
  <source src="attachment.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}attachmentid={vb:raw attachment.attachmentid}&amp;d={vb:raw attachment.dateline}" type="video/ogg">
Your browser does not support the video tag.
</video>
</vb:if>

pls i really want that put to work in every browser sadly it works only in firefox somehow..

You can't just claim that a .mp4 file is video/ogg. That's a lie.
That said, you're also claiming that it's video/mp4, so as long as that is factually true (just because the file is .mp4 doesn't mean it is MPEG-4) then it should work is just about all browsers.

All major browsers have an error console you can look at for hints as to why something is not working...

• Like 1

here is the kicker.. videos works as firefox. but with Edge,opera,chrome it dosent.. could you help some kind fix? or even some kind other video player which suites to vbulletin.

you are expert i belive i have not :D

1 hour ago, kerd said:

i asked solution for my problem! not that i can watch with chrome..

If you're not even willing to attempt to troubleshoot this yourself - a problem, let me remind you, that only you can see - then you're going to have problems.

We're not saying the solution is to use Chrome. We're saying the first step towards finding the solution is to see if Chrome gave you any useful error messages about why it has a problem.

okay this is clear for me i dont get any help from here.

i tought you guys are experts but im wrong.

i mentioned earlier i dont know anything about coding or fixing them!

going to look help elsewhere clearly i dont get it here. you are not even close to being coding help.