help im a noob i have a free host i want to start off to learn phpmyadmin and mysql stuff i dont know where to start

TRUCKERJO

can someone help me please im new i want to setup a gaming site for now but i dont know where to start or what do i exaltly do. my structure gonna be download pages with files email a submita file link poll.

i want to get some thing that tells me how many people downloaded a certain file.home page with info about site and updated downloads no need for a forum i have one. im at a freehost till i can learn this stuff. something can someone please help me need database setup and php or can i show u a site like the way i wanted i tried asking him to help but speak no english is that enough info for u and could u please tell me what little things i can work on and update it and possible backup my database and could i use pafile database script or no to arrange my files in a nice way.

When I first started out I bought some books, one for PHP and one for MySQL and one dealing with both, I recommend PHP visual quickstart guide, and MySQL visual quickstart guide, then later on you could get PHP & MySQL visual quickpro guide, but then thats just 3 of plenty of good books to choose from.

and there should also be plenty of tutorials online too.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.