Path issue on remote server

kenoli_p
Go to solution Solved by Barand,

I'm getting the error below when I run my script on my remote server.  I'm providing a relative path to this file and it works on my local server (XAMPP).  I've researched it a bit and I think it has to do with how I indicate the path to the file on the remote server.  I don't know what to do about it, however.  I hope someone can help me.  The file is in the indicated directory on the remote server and there are no permissions issues that I am aware of.  The mystery phrase is:

include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/share/pear'

--Kenoli

Warning: require(bootstrap/start.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home4/ournight/public_html/tio-new/__classes/pi_admin.php on line 3
Warning: require(bootstrap/start.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home4/ournight/public_html/tio-new/__classes/pi_admin.php on line 3
Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'bootstrap/start.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/share/pear') in /home4/ournight/public_html/tio-new/__classes/pi_admin.php on line 3

38 minutes ago, gw1500se said:

What is that colon (:) in the path?

I don't have any idea.  That whole phrase (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/share/pear') was assed  by php.

My code is:

include 'bootstrap/start.php'

That means it is passing 2 paths. The dot (.) is the current directory and the 2nd is an absolute path in /opt. I guess we need to see how that variable is used but I don't think it will work in a require statement.

Edited by gw1500se

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.