HTML Form only shows PHP File Directory in the Address Bar - no email sent.

43 minutes ago, phppup said:

You need to understand what your code is saying.

The first version says: attempt this, attemp that, try to send mail, try going to the Thank You page.

There are no indications or notifications of which success and which fail.

The alternate version directs the process to EITHER go to the Thank You on success, or indicate failure.

It's safe to safe the email is FAILING in all attempts.

You just don't restrict it from going to the Thank You page on the first version.

I would hardcode and see where that takes me. Also don't forget my initial statements about spam filters.

I'm not familiar with PHPmailer, but it could be beneficial.

I appreciate that, but this was worked flawlessly previously, now it's decided it doesn't want to know. This is why I'm fuming. 

2 hours ago, phppup said:

You need to understand what your code is saying.

The first version says: attempt this, attemp that, try to send mail, try going to the Thank You page.

There are no indications or notifications of which success and which fail.

The alternate version directs the process to EITHER go to the Thank You on success, or indicate failure.

It's safe to safe the email is FAILING in all attempts.

You just don't restrict it from going to the Thank You page on the first version.

I would hardcode and see where that takes me. Also don't forget my initial statements about spam filters.

I'm not familiar with PHPmailer, but it could be beneficial.

I'm sorry but when one email is sent and one isn't, then that's just absolutely stupid and ridiculous. They use the same server credentials and this has works flawlessly before. I am genuinely so angry, so fuming,  right now I could absolutely scream! I am so so sick to the back teeth of ripping my hair out just because someone one day said "Hey, I know what I will do, I'm going to invent a code that will piss everyone off and waste everyone's time, because I'm a total psychopath. I'm going to invent coding language that will just have a mind of it's own!" . OK so my code has decided  "I know what I'm going to to, I'm going to send one email, but you know what? Just because I feel like a total arse today, I'm just not going to send the other email" 

That is the only explanation I can come up with. I have tried to be calm, I have tried to be patient but this piece of crap is getting on my last nerve. It's code, not a disobedient child! I tell it to do something, it does it.

It gives me errors through diagnostic coding, I correct those errors, it's fixed. But oh no, because as soon as I fix one error it says "Oh, sorry, me had, I forgot to tell you, there's also this error as well..."

It's code. It's not an emotional, indecisive human, IT'S BLOODY CODE! It's that simple. The sooner code starts behaving like code and not a stupid dumb human being, the happier everyone will be.

Edited by TheLovableCodeyMan

Either the code or it's creator needs to take a nap.

I get cranky when I'm hungry.

Empathetically, I accessed some code this afternoon that had worked fine 2 months ago. But this afternoon it was obstinate about running.

It took 3 hours before I discovered that TWO conditional statements had been removed with comment tags.

That darn code must've gotten active after I tucked it in and turned out the light.

There's no other rational explanation.

Pleasant dreams.

4 hours ago, phppup said:

Either the code or it's creator needs to take a nap.

I get cranky when I'm hungry.

Empathetically, I accessed some code this afternoon that had worked fine 2 months ago. But this afternoon it was obstinate about running.

It took 3 hours before I discovered that TWO conditional statements had been removed with comment tags.

That darn code must've gotten active after I tucked it in and turned out the light.

There's no other rational explanation.

Pleasant dreams.

Yeah, pleasant dreams....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.