WAMPs or LAMPs or XAMPPs

sen5241b

I have never coded on a WAMP. I experimented with them over 10 years ago and was not impressed. It appears WAMPs have improved much since then. I don't know much about XAMPPs. Three questions:

What is your preference and why?

What are the pros and cons of each? 

How portable is code back and forth between the various -AMPs?

Edited by sen5241b

• sen5241b changed the title to WAMPs or LAMPs or XAMPPs

I have used wamp since to early 2000's. It was hard to install then. I have installed it on every new computer (about once every 2~3 years) and have had no problems, maybe cause I know what I need or where to get the information. I have never figured out how to get xamp up and running.

You'll need to google the pros and cons. A;; I can tell you is wamp is larger then 4x.

Code is code so portable.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

WAMP and XAMPP both have alot of similarities but little differences. I prefer to use XAMPP because of its features. XAMPP is better because it supports wide variety of operating systems whereas WAMP is limited to 32 or 64 bit Operating System. Another winning point of XAMPP is that it has much smaller File size as compared to WAMP.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.