The javascript is open source, but is the rest of this...

Chrisj

When I access this link:
https://www.cameratag.com/demo#camera

I see this:
"This camera was created with the single line of code below:"

<camera id='DemoCamera' data-app-id='63f9c870-72c4-0130-04c5-123139045d73'></camera>

I understand that the js that is being used there is open source from here:
https://gist.github.com/daemonsy/61a7f05bf6dbe23444076af93c582815

So, I've downloaded that js and added a script link to that javascript on my html page.

But, I'm not sure where the camera id (DemoCamera) is referenced and don't know much about the data-app-id.

If I use this, am I using that company's code, or is that open source too:

<camera id='DemoCamera' data-app-id='63f9c870-72c4-0130-04c5-123139045d73'></camera>

I don't see DemoCamera or the data-app-id anywhere in the js or css.

I look forward to being enlightened/help.

Thanx

If you search for "app-id" in the code you'll see that UUID gets sent to the new_video() function, which makes API calls to www.cameratag.com.

Please, please, please, don't go finding Javascript code snippets out there and just copying them into your site without knowing 110% exactly what they do. That's the kind of mistake that results in lawsuits with terms like "monetary damages".

No. Just because you found code posted somewhere on the internet does not make it open source.

You can make whatever changes you want but I expect you're going to have a very hard time making it work without using cameratag.com's systems and APIs.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.