WHAT HAPPENED?! :-(

Avalanche

I was following MySQL tutorials, and when I want to edit my databases with phpMyAdmin I found 100-300 databases in my list on the left!

When I look at the other page (the one my host has), there are only the databases that I created. When I look at the phpMyAdmin page, there are tons and tons of them.

If I try to delete any of them it says that the access was denied.

So... did someone crack into my databases or is it just displaying other people\'s databases for some reason?

It scares the crap out of me that there are 100s of databases that I didn\'t create...

But there are tons and tons of different preceding names, so I don\'t think all of them would happen to get the MySQL info for my host and create all their databases in one night.

:cry:

(And there is a password for my MySQL databases)

This will fix it!

/usr/bin/mysql_fix_privilege_tables

Make sure to login as root and run this command. After running the command stop and start MySQL. You might need to logout of your phpMyAdmin, then log back in order to see the changes.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.