Re: july 2021 version update

Go to solution Solved by requinix,

when hovering over a user's name/icon, the dialog box used to contain information about what they were doing at the time, e.g. viewing topic ... this was useful to prevent wasted time replying (if a contributing member was viewing a topic i would likely post a reply in, i would typically wait to see if they posted, in order to prevent repeating ourselves.) it was also helpful to know if the OP was actively viewing their own topic. this piece of information is no longer present in the dialog box.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2021 at 6:00 PM, mac_gyver said:

this was useful to prevent wasted time replying (if a contributing member was viewing a topic

Unfortunately, this isn't a reliable guide.

I usually browse the Activity page and select a topic. If I feel that the topic is not in my area of expertise, I will click the "Back" button and return to the Activity list.

However, this still shows me as viewing the topic, which may be for a while if there are no other new topics. It isn't until I click "Home" that it again shows me as viewing the index.

• 1 year later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.