XAMPP - INDEX.PHP DISPLAYING AS TEXT IN BROWSER

sdn30studio3

I've just started learning php today, but after installing XAMPP i wrote my first code but it came out only as text in the browser, i have tried all i know to resolve it no solution. Please i need help, kindly guide me.

<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>Gathering Information</title> </head> <body> <?php $studentName = $_POST['studentName']; $grade = $_POST['grade']; $section = $_POST['section']; $classTeacher = $_POST['ClassTeacher']; echo '<p>Student Informtation</p>'; echo 'Student Name is ' . $studentName; echo 'He/She is in this grade: ' . $grade; echo 'he is also in this section: ' . $studentName; echo 'Is being taught by: ' . $classTeacher; ?> </body> </html>

1) Don't post your problems on the Introductions page

2) Use <> button in toolbar when posting code

3) Format your code.

Before you process POST data, you need to check that data has been posted to the page and only process if it has. To check...

if ($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD']=='POST') {
    // process data
}

Does the filename that contains that code end with .html or .php ?

And learn to write your code in separate lines - makes it far, far easier to read, interpret and to maintain.

Another good plan would be to execute your php code FIRST and then to output the html code with the dynamic parts coming in the form of php vars that you build from that php logic you executed earlier in the script.

<?PHP

do php stuff like grabbing the posted data.

format some results into php vars

Now start echo-ing html code and inserting those php vars where you want the generated php results to show up.

then exit php.

Read up on using the heredocs construct.  Makes outputting html and php vars much much easier IMHO

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.