PHP and MySQL editor

I am asking for: Is there somebody who have knowledge or experience with editors within the genre PHP and MySQL(i/POD)?
Actually, I only need an editor for PHP, but an editor that is for SQL / MySQL can also be interesting and a bonus, preferably that can also be nice to learn from. Does anyone got a tip or an advice for me :) ?

Edited by LeonLatex

Virtually every editor out there can support PHP and SQL files. However, defining "support" is a trickier question, as it can be anything from highlighting to syntax checking to autocomplete, and different people want different options in their editor.

• Great Answer 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 10:26 PM, requinix said:

Virtually every editor out there can support PHP and SQL files. However, defining "support" is a trickier question, as it can be anything from highlighting to syntax checking to autocomplete, and different people want different options in their editor.

Yes, thank you i take all three 🙂

This topic goes under what is "IDE". I've been away for a few years from programming. I have to learn everything again except that I have understanding and can read most scripts and understand a syntax. But unfonatley, the time has gone so far now, so i am not able towrite the code like i used to do for 10 and more years ago. I could have a "conversation" (proamming) without books and finished scripts. I'm 50 now, so it's probably too late to get there again, but I'm doing my best. The main thing is that I understand what I do.

What is "hot or not" today among developers. I'm aware that all text editors support PHP and MySQL (eg) but I address and support those who are hot on the topic we are working on and discuss here at www.phpfreaks.net, programming. I like to go straight to the source, where it is warmest, but then there is the danger, the danger of asking like this is that you get as many different answers as the number of people or the number of members there are on the forum you ask the question.

So my question is, which editor / idea do you use?
Then I get to sort it out myself and see what suits me best 🙂

Edited by LeonLatex
Spelling error, edited and fill in some lines.

The current "the IDE everyone is using" is VS Code. It's a multi-purpose IDE which means you install extensions to do whatever you want. And for better or worse, there are a lot of extensions.

For PHP development specifically, PhpStorm is basically the reigning champion.

• Great Answer 1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.