strtotime and NULL values

bowker

Hi hope someone can help, I have a field called DateBooked which by default is NULL.

As expected strtotime brings back 01/01/1970

I am using DateBooked as one of the fields on an email that is being sent automatically.

I need an IF statement to check if DateBooked is NULL and if so return blank and if not return the date as d-m-y.

The code below runs fine to insert the info in the email, I'm just not sure where to put the IF to check DateBooked is NULL or not.

function getTrainingHtml($data) {
    $training = '';
    foreach ($data as $value) {

$training .= '
        <tr style="line-height: 25px;">
            <td width="15%" style="border-bottom: 1px solid #ddd;">'.$value['FirstName'].' '.$value['LastName'].'</td>
            <td width="40%" style="border-bottom: 1px solid #ddd;">'.$value['CourseName'].'</td>
            <td width="10%" style="border-bottom: 1px solid #ddd;">'.date('d-m-Y' , strtotime ($value['ExpiryDate'])).'</td>
			<td width="10%" style="border-bottom: 1px solid #ddd;">'.date('d-m-Y' , strtotime ($value['DateBooked'])).'</td>
			<td width="25%" style="border-bottom: 1px solid #ddd;">'.$value['Notes'].'</td>
        </tr>';   
    }
    return $training;
}

function executeQuery($query)

How about this:

foreach ($data as $value)
{
    if (!is_null($values['DateBooked']))
        $db = date('d-m-y',strtotime($values['DateBooked']));
    else
        $db = '';
    //  Now use $db to output your date booked entry
    $training .= '......

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.