Video script

marcok

Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me. I'm looking for a possibility to play videos on my website, but in a frame (which looks like an old TV).

The idea should be like in the picture.

An old TV and the option to click on a video. The video then plays in the frame of the TV.

I don't understand PHP myself, I hope someone can help me on my way.

Thank you very much !!

example video script.jpg

3 hours ago, marcok said:

I don't understand PHP myself, I hope someone can help me on my way.

Fortunately your question has nothing to do with PHP, which is why the thread is now located in the HTML forum.

It is fairly straightforward to use HTML to (1) put the video inside some markup container and (2) put an image in that container that will overlap on top of the video.
Try that. If you have problems, post the HTML you've written and perhaps even a screenshot. Bonus points for using something like jsfiddle.net that will let you test what you need to do in a way that you can share it with other people.

Hi,

Thank you for putting it in the right forum. and also for the link tow3schools! highly appreciated.

to be honest I have no clue where to begin. I can make a <a href= link too the MP4 video on my side but I dont know hoe to get it in a frame .. also when to choose out o multiple videos

Sorry for my noob questions

On 9/19/2021 at 11:35 PM, marcok said:

Hi,

Thank you for putting it in the right forum. and also for the link tow3schools! highly appreciated.

to be honest I have no clue where to begin. I can make a <a href= link too the MP4 video on my side but I dont know hoe to get it in a frame .. also when to choose out o multiple videos

Sorry for my noob questions

As requinix said, you will need to learn about the workings of CSS and HTML and how they both work together. My advice is to make use of the website w3schools.com and learn these two vital languages. For this to do what you want, wouldn't be surprised if you needed some Javascript too. Post up your HTML with the video in a simple iFrame and playable. Maybe someone here can point you in the right direction.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.