I suppose I had better...

Moorcam

Been here a while and can't remember posting anything in here so thought I had better.

Anyways, I am Dan. 50 years old. Anyone who says that life begins at 40 and 50 is the new 21 has no idea.

I am Irish. Grew up in a lovely market town in the South East called Dungarvan. Loved it there. I now live in Central Victoria, Australia and have done for almost 14 years.

I guess my coding and dev days started many centuries ago. My first taste of any type of development was in school on an old Apple computer where the class created a messaging type thing that only sent messages from one computer to the other. It was absolute shite but at 14 years of age we thought it was amazing. From there I took an interest in website design and hosting and ran a successful VPS Hosting service in Ireland for a number of years while designing websites on the side for clients. I sold that business in 2005 and drank more Guinness than the Brewery could brew and gave up on the whole shebang until about 2+ years ago. Wow, how the coding standards have changed. I am now back to Square One, learning about PHP, JavaScript and this PDO and Bootstrap carry on. 🤔

At the moment I drive Interstate on a regular basis, mostly in Road Coaches and Semi Trucks on an odd occasion. Love it, but want to settle at home. So, myself and an ex- employer of mine are currently working on an application that we hope will allow me to do just that as there is a huge opening in the Market for an app like it here in Australia. Enough said :P

Anyways, pleasure to make your acquaintance.

On 9/26/2021 at 11:07 AM, Moorcam said:

From there I took an interest in website design and hosting and ran a successful VPS Hosting service in Ireland for a number of years while designing websites on the side for clients. I sold that business in 2005 and drank more Guinness than the Brewery could brew and gave up on the whole shebang until about 2+ years ago. Wow, how the coding standards have changed. I am now back to Square One, learning about PHP, JavaScript and this PDO and Bootstrap carry on. 🤔

Greetings 🙂 This is a story up again. I think i have heard it before. Earning money, say good bye to all, and moving to the south or Asia (Australia is in oceania). First i moved to Hua Hin in Thailand, got married, divorced, moved to Torrevieja in Spain and then.... now i travel between Norway and Torrevieja while i am planing and opening a new page for making my new history for the future. I do not yet know what those plans are based on, or... i know what they are based on, but i dont know what the plans will be 👍 Soooo, what they will be when a finished result is in front of me. I dont have a clue. I just know that something is growing. I have studied what is applicable today within standards in development and programming. I feel as "lost and helpless" as almost a year ago when I resumed programming and development. It is not easy to get acquainted with the new when you have to learn the old that is basic again. Believe me, I've been trying for almost a year. Old age weighs, and age that is the one who should be so light and bear. I will never be the same 😞 Good luck mate 🙂

• Like 1

I am Irish. Grew up in a lovely market town in the South East called Dungarvan. Loved it there. I now live in Central Victoria, Australia and have done for almost 14 years.

Wife is from Dublin -- have always enjoyed visiting.  Brother in law spent a few years in Australia -- sorry we didn't visit them when they were there.   Best of luck with the business idea!

• Like 1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.