paging is not happening

maviyazilim

ginerjm

I got all the codes. this error pops up.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected token "{" in C:\xampp\htdocs\blog\orta.php on line 42

line 42 : {

line41: elseif(isset($_POST['sayfa'])

This is the first time I see the use of input tag in pagination construction. Is this how it should be used?

16 minutes ago, maviyazilim said:

barand.

I got the above below. I deleted the query.

this is the result.

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Argument #1 ($result) must be of type mysqli_result, string given in C:\xampp\htdocs\blog\orta.php:40 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\blog\orta.php(40): mysqli_fetch_assoc('SELECT * FROM i...') #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\blog\index.php(4): include('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...') #2 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\blog\orta.php on line 40

line 40 : while($goster=mysqli_fetch_assoc($sorgu)) {

You old query stored its results in $sorgu. Your new paginated query stores its results in $result. You need to adjust the code accordingly.

17 minutes ago, maviyazilim said:

This is the first time I see the use of input tag in pagination construction. Is this how it should be used?

It's one way. IMO< Your original use of <a>...</a> links is probably more common. You can always style the links to resemble buttons. Also, as all you are doing is GETting a new page of data, the convention is to use GET and not POST method. Use POST when the form action causes change - such as logging in or updating a database.

ginerjm

If I manage to learn mysqli, I will learn pdo. thanks for advice. I've read over 20 video lessons for the simplest pagination at the moment. I've been dealing with it for a week or more. I just now solved it. I'm just trying to learn because I have interest and curiosity. I did not receive any school or training related to software. The fact that it was so difficult and challenging for a pagination made me very hard. If I manage to learn php, I try to learn pdo.

For someone just starting out you chose a difficult task.  Learning about how php works and the many functions to use is quite enough.  As for learning Mysqli first - IMHO you are better off stopping that and moving to PDO.  A much better interface and IMO a much simpler one.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.