Quoting error.

LeonLatex

Blind again. I have a quoting error some where here. I think the error is in the login/button line, or is it more of them 😮 

(Else, should this bean posted under HTML or CSS?)

<label class style='text-align:' right; font-size: 12px;'>Password:</label>
       <input type='password' class='w3-container' style='align: right; width: 135px;' name='password'></lable><br>

<label class style='text-align:' right; font-size: 12px;'>Password:</label>
       <input type='password' class='w3-container' style='align: right; width: 135px;' name='password'></lable>

<id='nav-login' href=<?=$HOST?>'login.php' class='w3-bar-item' 'w3-button w3-right' style='font-size: 11px;'><?=$log_btn?></a>

<div id='div-login-table' class='w3-content w3-card-4 w3-light-gray w3-tiny' style= 'align: right;' 'margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 28px; height:172px; width:160px; '>

For future reference, if you're not interested in switching editors, you could also run your HTML code through W3C's Markup Validation form here:
https://validator.w3.org/

Also note that you may want to review the documentation for the <label> tag. You'll either want to have the <label> tag surround both the label and the input field. If it's not around both, you'll need to use the "for" attribute to connect the <label> tag to the corresponding input's "id" attribute. More information can be found here:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/label

There's an easy way to test most <label> tags to make sure they're working. If you have a label and a text input, for example, clicking the label will put the text prompt (aka flashing cursor) in the corresponding input field.

10 hours ago, cyberRobot said:

For future reference, if you're not interested in switching editors, you could also run your HTML code through W3C's Markup Validation form here:
https://validator.w3.org/

Also note that you may want to review the documentation for the <label> tag. You'll either want to have the <label> tag surround both the label and the input field. If it's not around both, you'll need to use the "for" attribute to connect the <label> tag to the corresponding input's "id" attribute. More information can be found here:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/label

There's an easy way to test most <label> tags to make sure they're working. If you have a label and a text input, for example, clicking the label will put the text prompt (aka flashing cursor) in the corresponding input field.

Thanks for your validator tip cyberRobot. I knew about this. I used it already 20 years ago. But still thanks. All help and tips is good help and ment the best way.About this <label> tag, i am on my way do be known with it. I have never used it before. Remember, (or, i dont know if you know) I have been away from developing in all ways for more than 10 years. So i am in a way coming back. More or less I have to re-learn everything I knew, and in addition forget the outdated so I can learn the new that has come and updated. It's damn worse than being completely ignorant on the school desk the first day. Who would have thought that I was once both a teacher and a lecturer. It is unbelievable. I think barand (the one on this forum) more than once has balded his head in the road because of me. He has helped me a lot, and I am eternally grateful for that help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.