Editing upload_tmp_dir on shared hosting

KN7

My host by default has upload_tmp_dir as => no value => no value, and as you can expect php.ini is read only on shared hosting, but i need to change it.

So i have read a bit on this and i have seen people saying about doing it in .htaccess or creating a separate php.ini in your website's root and somehow making it recursive and telling php to use it for your site from .htaccess, but i am really new to all this so i dont even know how to begin doing that or even if it makes any sense in practice.

I even talked to my host about this, and they didn't have any idea and said they never heard of anything like this.

So any help for a man that just lost 3 days trying to solve this? Thanks to anybody that might at least try to help!

3 hours ago, requinix said:

Why do you need to change the upload directory? upload_tmp_dir being "no value" only means that it wasn't configured in the php.ini and so PHP will use the system's default temporary directory for storing uploads.

Because whatever the default is,its not recognized, or unusable by what i install.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.