Get values from array to feed to wp query terms array

rhand

Been stuck for a while trying to simply feed event ACF multi select category choices into a WP Query to only load custom post types with those categories frontend. The issue I am having is a PHP issue as I do not seem to be able to convert data to data that the WP Query can handle. Been using

// Variables
$number_of_events = get_field( 'number_of_events' );
// print_r($number_of_events);
$event_object = get_field_object('events_category');
// print_r($event_object);
$event_cat_name = $event_object['value'];
print_r($event_cat_name);
$event_cat_slug = $event_cat_name[0]->slug;
// print_r($event_cat_slug);

$args = array(
    'post_type' => 'event',
    'posts_per_page' => $number_of_events,
    'event_category' => $event_cat_slug
);
$the_query = new WP_Query( $args ); ?>

But the issue is now that $events_cat_slug only loads the first category chosen in ACF multi select. So I was considering using

$args = array(
    'post_type' => 'event',
    'posts_per_page' => $number_of_events,
    'tax_query' => array(
        array(
            'taxonomy' => 'event_category',
            'terms' => $cat_names
        )
    )
);

So I can add an array of terms to terms.. like `'terms' => array(cat1, cat2,)` I do get

Array ( [0] => WP_Term Object ( [term_id] => 180 [name] => OnSite [slug] => onsite [term_group] => 0 [term_taxonomy_id] => 180 [taxonomy] => event_category [description] => [parent] => 0 [count] => 1 [filter] => raw [meta] => Array ( ) ) [1] => WP_Term Object ( [term_id] => 179 [name] => Virtual [slug] => virtual [term_group] => 0 [term_taxonomy_id] => 179 [taxonomy] => event_category [description] => [parent] => 0 [count] => 3 [filter] => raw [meta] => Array ( ) ) )

for current `print_r($event_cat_name);`. But how can I get all the slugs from array key 0 and array key 1 and in a way I can feed that to terms? Been trying `array_columns`: `$cat_names = array_column($event_cat_name, 'slug');` but it  still prints `Array ( [0] => onsite )` with one category for example and terms chokes on it.

How can I use the slug values from the arrays in `$event_cat_name` in a way terms can load it?

It's been only two hours, and it's Thursday night in the US. Be patient.

It sounds like you know what you need the tax_query to be, but it also sounds like you don't quite know how $event_cat_name is formed.
What is the exact value of $event_cat_name? As in if you print_r it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.